At Bringshare, our MO is that we save you time and free you up to be more effective. It’s under that mantra that we are going to be presenting four of our favorite productivity tools in a four-part series on our blog.
We’ve all been there – that awkward moment when a client corners you to get your thoughts on an SEO change that’s sent the Internet buzzing, or to get your advice on a hot digital marketing trend that’s making it’s rounds on twitter. In our world, it’s not enough to simply know about these issues – our clients and yours depend on us to sift the trends and provide valuable insight.
So how do you make time for that in your fast-paced, one-project-after-the-next workflow? Enter a handy little app named Feedly.
Get friendly with Feedly – 4 reasons that we use the app ourselves
1. Supercharge your down time. Feedly was made to make your waiting moments productive. Whether waiting for your latte or for your doctor’s appointment, quickly scan titles from your favorite industry sources and bookmark articles you want to come back to later.
2. All your sources, in one app. Keep track of every article on every blog and website you trust, in one intuitively designed app. Goodbye 10 open tabs, and hello one swipe of the finger.
3. Fill your pocket. Find an article but don’t have time to finish it quite yet? Want to save it so that you can reference it down the line? With the touch of a button, Feedly lets you import your favorite articles right into your Pocket app.
4. Share the knowledge efficiently. Great teams are built on the sharing of valuable information. Feedly lets you quickly share an article with your email contacts, ensuring that your whole team is on board with your thought process.
We think that you’ll love this app – whether you use the desktop, mobile or tablet version.
To get you started, here are the sites that you’ll find saved in our Feedly accounts:
- Inside AdWords Blog – http://adwords.blogspot.com/
- Google Analytics Blog – http://analytics.blogspot.com/
- Google Webmaster Blog – http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/
- Official Google Primary Blog – http://googleblog.blogspot.com/
- Mashable’s Business Blog – http://mashable.com/business/
- Business Week – http://www.businessweek.com/
- Inc. – http://www.inc.com/
Content Marketing News:
- Content Marketing Institute – http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/
- Copyblogger – http://www.copyblogger.com/
SEO Marketing News:
- Matt Cutts Blog – http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/
- Search Engine Journal – http://www.searchenginejournal.com/
- Search Engine Land – http://searchengineland.com/
- Search Engine Watch – http://searchenginewatch.com/
- SEObook.com – http://www.seobook.com/
- SEO Moz Daily SEO blog – http://moz.com/blog
Technology and Start-up News
- Lifehacker – http://lifehacker.com/
- Mashable Tech Blog Feed – http://mashable.com/tech/
- Tech Crunch – http://techcrunch.com/
- The Next Web – http://thenextweb.com/us/
- Venture Beat – http://venturebeat.com/
- Wired Top Stories – http://www.wired.com/
With Feedly, you can be sure that you don’t miss a beat as the industry continually evolves, ensuring that you emerge from that next out-of-the-blue question a champion in your client’s eyes.